Membership Coordinator (Remote)
Part-time employment (10 hours/week); $35/hour.
California residency and prior experience in member relations strongly preferred.
Support pioneering members of Hidden Compass’s modern society of exploration — The Alliance — as we build a community that celebrates discovery.
To forge an Alliance to turn storytellers and explorers into heroes and champion a new age of discovery.
Who We Are
We are badass nerds.
Hidden Compass exists at the intersection of intellectual curiosity and audacious discovery. We are nerdy humans stoked about the underappreciated workings of the universe. And we are explorers who charge past our comfort zones to innovate, adapt, and embrace new challenges.
We are championing a new age of discovery.
We are forging a community that supports stories about exploration and the remarkable people who tell them. Our role models are journalists, scientists, historians, and artists — trailblazers who make us question what we know, transport us to new places, and inspire us to believe in the promise of modern exploration.
We believe there is an explorer inside all of us.
Not all explorers are swashbucklers or globetrotters. To us, an explorer is simply someone who approaches the world with courage and curiosity. We celebrate the pioneering spirit that drives us to chase big questions, make complex connections, and seek out meaningful stories.
We believe everyone is a nerd about something.
From cartography to conservation, Soviet ghost towns to Antarctic sea butterflies, having something to geek out about makes the world more wonderful. Hidden Compass is a place that awakens the nerd within, encouraging deep engagement with the quirky subjects that fuel our passions.
We believe there’s reason to be hopeful about the future.
Beyond mindless clickbait and social influencer culture, we see a future of nourishing, sustainable journalism and groundbreaking, global exploration where storytellers and explorers are hailed as heroes. Our grassroots movement is paving the way with award-winning stories supported by a thriving community that has a voice in what we do. And we’re just getting started.
What You’ll Do
Alliance Member Program Management
- Manage Alliance member database, including new memberships, member cancellations, special requests, on-hold memberships, etc.
- Track and report membership program performance
Alliance Member Marketing & Communications
- Prepare and send all Alliance member communications
- Manage membership communications and events calendar
- Support Alliance member growth through the execution of member acquisition programs including membership incentives and promotions
- Communicate with and assist Alliance members in finding answers to questions related to the Alliance membership program and other Hidden Compass offerings
- Respond to all inbound member questions and messages in a timely fashion
- Assist with coordinating and executing Alliance member marketing materials
- Support the planning and execution of special, Ally-only events by sending invitations, event communications and follow up
- Attend and assist with other Hidden Compass events, such as monthly virtual speaker series talks and discussions and quarterly Q&As with Hidden Compass co-founders
- Assist with special projects and miscellaneous administrative duties as directed
Why We Need You
Our small, growing start-up has big plans. We’re building a modern society of exploration that’s global and inclusive — giving our Allies a connection to our collaborators and a say in what we do. As the Membership Coordinator, you’ll be the glue holding this maverick operation together. Explorers are in. Are you?
To apply, send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.