For educators, explorers, and curious people.The following resources have been provided by Hidden Compass collaborators during talks and other events. We’ll continue to add resources as our global community of explorers and collaborators grows.
Hummingbirds, Hibernation, and Human Medicine with Dr. Anusha Shankar
Dr. Shankar shared some wonderful links to citizen science projects following her talk. She also welcomes contact from educators, so feel free to reach our to her via her website!
Visit her website. Follow her on Twitter: @nushiamme
- Identify living things: Google lens and iNaturalist
- Learn about a youth-led initiative to protect rainforests: Reserva Youth Land Trust
- Identify birds and track bird sightings: eBird
- Assist professional researchers by counting penguins, looking for pollinators, or helping dozens of other research projects: Zooniverse
- Help researchers at the University of Sheffield understand how and why birds diversified by tracing bird beaks: Mark My Bird
- Plan a bioblitz: National Geographic and iNaturalist (also see this informative teacher’s guide)
- Learn about other citizen science project ideas: National Geographic