Digital Marketing Manager
(Remote, Part-Time: 15-20 hrs/month, Contractor)Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. Here’s a secret we’ve learned: there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate. Hidden Compass is looking for exceptional people who want to do things differently and create a community where everyone can thrive. So whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this role would make you excited to sign on to work with us.
Foster an online community of badass nerds by building and managing the social media presence of Hidden Compass. Work hand in hand with the company’s co-founders to end the era of junk food journalism, empowering audiences to unite with the humans, causes, and possibilities behind award-winning stories.
To forge an Alliance to turn storytellers and explorers into heroes and champion a new age of discovery.
Timing and Pay
When would you start? The earlier the better! We’re looking for someone who can commit to 15-20 hours per month at $60-75 per hour depending on experience. Included in the 15-20 hours per month are occasional meetings with co-founders and other stakeholders.
Who We Are
We are badass nerds.
Hidden Compass exists at the intersection of intellectual curiosity and audacious discovery. We are explorers who charge past our comfort zones to innovate, adapt, and embrace new challenges.
We are championing a new age of discovery.
We are forging a community that supports stories about exploration and the remarkable people who tell them. Our role models are journalists, scientists, historians, and artists — trailblazers who make us question what we know, transport us to new places, and inspire us to believe in the promise of modern exploration.
We believe everyone is a nerd about something.
From cartography to conservation, Soviet ghost towns to Antarctic sea butterflies, having something to geek out about makes the world more wonderful. Hidden Compass is a place that celebrates courage and curiosity, encouraging deep engagement with the quirky subjects that fuel our passions.
We believe there’s reason to be hopeful about the future.
Beyond mindless clickbait and shallow influencer culture, we see a future of nourishing, sustainable journalism and groundbreaking, global exploration where storytellers and explorers are hailed as heroes. Our movement is paving the way with award-winning stories supported by a thriving community that has a voice in what we do.
Who You Are
- An individual with a passion for travel as exploration, rather than vacation.
- A professional with at least 3 years of social media management and marketing experience.
- A curious human who is dedicated to celebrating the frontiers of human knowledge AND the journalists, scientists, historians, artists, and explorers who report from these frontiers.
- A strong writer who can capture our quirky, nerdy personality and engage our curious audience.
- Someone who is comfortable managing multiple social media platforms.
- A master task-juggler who upholds our values of courage and curiosity.
What You’ll Do
- Create a cohesive social media strategy across platforms, including paid ad campaigns. Explore the possibilities for expanding or eliminating the platforms on which we’re active.
- Grow the Hidden Compass following on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Curate, draft, and publish content for our platforms that captures our brand personality and gets people excited to read, listen, and explore.
- Create content using Canva, Photoshop, or other design programs that aligns with our high-quality visual and editorial identity.
- Engage with and promote Hidden Compass brand ambassadors, speakers, and contributors.
- Engage with followers on our social media platforms.
- Track post and ad performance and report to the co-founders on a bi-weekly basis. Attend meetings as needed.
Why We Need You
Our small, growing start-up has big plans. As the Social Media Manager, you’ll be the voice and the advocate of our mission across our platforms, and a doorway through which we invite tens of thousands of readers each year to step and join our movement. Explorers are in. Are you?
To apply, send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.