“Hidden Compass workshops will charge your batteries and
jump-start your writing and photography projects.”
– Tim Cahill, Author and Founding Editor of Outside magazine
Storytelling Seminars on the Big Sur Coast
Session 1: March 10-11, 2018 | Session 2: March 24-25, 2018 | $595
Join a small group of writers and photographers as we explore one of the most important elements of powerful storytelling –– crafting scenes –– in a place that has inspired some of the most beloved writers and photographers in history!
Through words and images, we’ll focus on crafting vivid experiences that transport readers. We’ll spend time learning, practicing, and reinforcing the skills necessary to capture the details you’ll need to tell your story. Storytellers will exchange ideas and learn from one another as they collaborate on projects in the field.
Participants will be expected to bring work for group reviews and critiques and will also receive feedback on new work produced throughout the seminar.
Each session is capped at a maximum of 10 participants, so pick your dates and sign up today using the registration links below!
The seminar will begin at 9:00 AM on Saturday and conclude at 12:00 PM on Sunday.
Activities will include field exercises in observation, cataloging, and scene-building; group critiques; writer-photographer collaborations; discussions; producing new work; and sunset and sunrise outings.
- Instruction from award-winning writers and photographers Sivani Babu and Sabine Bergmann.
- All food, soft drinks, and snacks during the seminar.
- All transportation during the seminar.
- Story critiques and image reviews.
- Inspiration and a chance to find your tribe!
What’s Not Included
- Transportation to and from Carmel, California.
- Lodging; however, a special group rate at the Carmel Mission Inn will be available to participants.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Anything not listed above as included.
Full payment of $595 is due at registration.